Leah Remini Guard Forum  

Go Back   Leah Remini Guard Forum > Leah's Lounge > The Sports Den
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-21-2009, 04:41 PM
Ryan-Stall's Avatar
Ryan-Stall Ryan-Stall is offline
The Fresh Prince of LRG
Grand Guardian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Resides: Toronto Ont/Hometown:Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,351
Default NBA/NCAA Basketball Thread

I was just wondering are there any other people out here that are NBA fans and have any favorite teams? I know with the NCAA Tournament and the NBA playoffs coming up in another month its really an exciting time of year to be a basketball fan.


In the NBA my team is the Atlanta Hawks, been following them since a kid when Dominque Wilkins was still around. They Are doing really good this season although I think we are going to get knocked out of the playoffs by Lebron and The Cleveland Cavs in the second round this year .

I also like The Lakers, been a fan since Shaq got traded there in 1996. I really feel like its their year to win it all.


As for as the college tournament goes Im pulling for North Carolina to win it all, dont think it will happen though lol
__________________
Ryan~ I think the moral of this story is: Ryan should be kept out the kitchen! -Leah's response to my ability of burning food in the microwave lol

This message was sponored in part by Urkelos!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-21-2009, 04:47 PM
Irene3's Avatar
Irene3 Irene3 is offline
ME AND LEAH AT LUNCH!!!!!
4 Star Guardian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ventura County
Posts: 6,334
Default

Well I have to go with UCLA since my niece is an alumni from there.

Gotta go with the Lakers since they are the So. Calif. team.



__________________


Leah's comment to me: Irene ~ "Hey honey… I wish I would have known you were coming… sorry about that. You weren’t in my face baby doll. You were being gracious. Thank you for being there"

Leah's comment to me on her blog: Irene~ "Thank you so much! I laughed out loud when you said 'Long time fan, first time commenting'. Thank you for that."
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-21-2009, 06:30 PM
Ken Bagley Ken Bagley is offline
Loyal Guardian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,037
Default

Hate to say it, never got into basketball or hockey.

Football, yes. Baseball, yes!, best game ever invented! IMO.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-21-2009, 06:41 PM
jmac's Avatar
jmac jmac is offline
The LRG "Chatterbox"
4 Star Guardian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Leah's-ville, Kentucky
Posts: 5,462
Default

I am a Basketball fan and in fact inquired before the season if their was enough interest to start a thread. I think I asked in a "meeting" thread so Ryan, you may not have seen it.

I am a big fan of UK and this year, they are in the NIT
Feels wierd them not being in the big dance but they blew a couple of home games down the stretch and they have basically only two scorers.

Louisville is a close location to me but NOOOOOOOOO ....I cant root for them.
It would be like the Tarheels rooting for Duke or the Dodgers rooting for the Giants or Yankees rooting for Red Sox.

If they play to potential...heels should win it but that has been a problem for them all season.

NBA:
I like a young team like the Hawks. I used to listen to them on the radio growing up when they had guys like Rollins, Roundfield and Drew.
They definitely are headed in right direction and could win a series in playoffs.

Overall.....I feel Lakers are best team !
__________________
Jmac-tab-ulous : having the combined quailites of fantastic, fabulous, and gorgeous along with the approval of Joey ( jmac on LRG) ...word originated for LEAH REMINI
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-21-2009, 06:45 PM
jmac's Avatar
jmac jmac is offline
The LRG "Chatterbox"
4 Star Guardian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Leah's-ville, Kentucky
Posts: 5,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrycounty
Hate to say it, never got into basketball or hockey.

Football, yes. Baseball, yes!, best game ever invented! IMO.

Well mr Kenbarry, we will have to have a baseball thread to post randomly as season progresses.
These ladies of LRG know their sports.
MRSDOUG/ Tatas are big philly fans.
Irene is a big LA Dodger fan.
Lisa is a Brew Crew girl.
I am Cincy Red all the way.
Ryan seems like Atl.

May have missed someone but we had some good discussions last year on baseball.

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-21-2009, 06:46 PM
jmac's Avatar
jmac jmac is offline
The LRG "Chatterbox"
4 Star Guardian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Leah's-ville, Kentucky
Posts: 5,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene3
Well I have to go with UCLA since my niece is an alumni from there.

Gotta go with the Lakers since they are the So. Calif. team.




Tell your niece sorry as I think UCLA is about done.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-21-2009, 07:59 PM
Irene3's Avatar
Irene3 Irene3 is offline
ME AND LEAH AT LUNCH!!!!!
4 Star Guardian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ventura County
Posts: 6,334
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac
Tell your niece sorry as I think UCLA is about done.
I know. So sad.

Oh well, we shall overcome.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-21-2009, 10:55 PM
jmac's Avatar
jmac jmac is offline
The LRG "Chatterbox"
4 Star Guardian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Leah's-ville, Kentucky
Posts: 5,462
Default

A couple of the better tournament games tonight as Western Kentucky lost a toughie and friggin Duke won..........uuuugggghhhh !!!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-21-2009, 11:07 PM
MRS. DOUG
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac
A couple of the better tournament games tonight as Western Kentucky lost a toughie and friggin Duke won..........uuuugggghhhh !!!

So I can assume you'll be rooting for THE WILDCATS when Duke plays them?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-22-2009, 01:58 AM
Ryan-Stall's Avatar
Ryan-Stall Ryan-Stall is offline
The Fresh Prince of LRG
Grand Guardian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Resides: Toronto Ont/Hometown:Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac
I am a Basketball fan and in fact inquired before the season if their was enough interest to start a thread. I think I asked in a "meeting" thread so Ryan, you may not have seen it.

I am a big fan of UK and this year, they are in the NIT
Feels wierd them not being in the big dance but they blew a couple of home games down the stretch and they have basically only two scorers.

Louisville is a close location to me but NOOOOOOOOO ....I cant root for them.
It would be like the Tarheels rooting for Duke or the Dodgers rooting for the Giants or Yankees rooting for Red Sox.

If they play to potential...heels should win it but that has been a problem for them all season.

NBA:
I like a young team like the Hawks. I used to listen to them on the radio growing up when they had guys like Rollins, Roundfield and Drew.
They definitely are headed in right direction and could win a series in playoffs.

Overall.....I feel Lakers are best team !


Yea I must of missed you mentioning that, I definetely would of jumped in when you asked that.

UK/The Wildcats are good they have produced some really good players, most recently Rajon Rondo of the Celtics, I hate the Celtics, but Rondo is their best player after the Big Three.

Yea I hope the Hawks advance to the second round this year, We are missing one more piece from being a legit contender I believe. I think we can win a round this year but Dwayne Wade is playing out of his mind right now and looks like a Hawks/Heat first round matchup, should be a really interesting matchup.

Who do you see meeting in the finals this year? I see a Lakers/Cavs showdown. Maybe Celtics but they are not gonna have homecourt this time and thats gonna hurt them big.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-22-2009, 02:02 AM
MRS. DOUG
 
Posts: n/a
Default

At the risk of sounding incredibly stupid, why have I never heard of "Gonzaga" before tonight?

Last edited by MRS. DOUG : 03-22-2009 at 11:01 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-22-2009, 10:15 AM
jmac's Avatar
jmac jmac is offline
The LRG "Chatterbox"
4 Star Guardian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Leah's-ville, Kentucky
Posts: 5,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRS. DOUG
At the rish of sounding incredibly stupid, why have I never heard of "Gonzaga" before tonight?
You mean you have never been to Gonzaga South Dakota ?
Seriously MRS.DOUG, I have heard of them from Basketball but still dont know what state they are from ?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-22-2009, 10:17 AM
jmac's Avatar
jmac jmac is offline
The LRG "Chatterbox"
4 Star Guardian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Leah's-ville, Kentucky
Posts: 5,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRS. DOUG
So I can assume you'll be rooting for THE WILDCATS when Duke plays them?
I would be for about anyone when they play Duke. Except Louisville and then I would like it to be the first game in history where NOONE wins...
I cant stand either of those two.

And yes....GO NOVA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-22-2009, 10:24 AM
jmac's Avatar
jmac jmac is offline
The LRG "Chatterbox"
4 Star Guardian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Leah's-ville, Kentucky
Posts: 5,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan-Stall
Yea I must of missed you mentioning that, I definetely would of jumped in when you asked that.

UK/The Wildcats are good they have produced some really good players, most recently Rajon Rondo of the Celtics, I hate the Celtics, but Rondo is their best player after the Big Three.

Yea I hope the Hawks advance to the second round this year, We are missing one more piece from being a legit contender I believe. I think we can win a round this year but Dwayne Wade is playing out of his mind right now and looks like a Hawks/Heat first round matchup, should be a really interesting matchup.

Who do you see meeting in the finals this year? I see a Lakers/Cavs showdown. Maybe Celtics but they are not gonna have homecourt this time and thats gonna hurt them big.

As far as Rondo, if we had him now , we wouldnt be in NIT
Problem was Tubby didnt let him do his thing when in college and now he is having better pro career than college.

Yeah Wade is on a mission but JJ isnt too shabby and has good supporting cast. I think in a series....they can give Miami a go at it.

The Cavs may get Home court but I am still not convinced they could beat Celtics when it counts.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-22-2009, 01:05 PM
Heffervesence15 Heffervesence15 is offline
Guardian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 323
Default

I have just really started getting into watching basketball. I've always enjoyed playing it, though. I'm a big fan of the Laker's and Knick's and Piston's. I found that I really enjoy watching it!
__________________
Arthur: "Why any fool can tell these are the charges of the tiny."

Official Member
Leah Remini Guard
2009
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.