Leah Remini Guard Forum

Leah Remini Guard Forum (http://www.leahreminiguardforum.com/upload/index.php)
-   The Sports Den (http://www.leahreminiguardforum.com/upload/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   College Football 2008 (http://www.leahreminiguardforum.com/upload/showthread.php?t=1044)

jpcanes 08-27-2008 01:17 PM

College Football 2008
 
So glad it's back!!!

jmac, it may just be you and me on this one. :laughing out loud:

Anyway... season kicks off tomorrow night!
My Canes will be hosting Charleston Southern at their new home... Dolphin Stadium.

Miami will be starting a true freshman at QB for the first time in 9 years.
Their redshirt freshman QB is suspended for the first game.

Here are this week's matchups: click

Who do you like or dislike?

#3 USC at Virgina could be interesting on saturday.

velardechile 08-27-2008 02:04 PM

Football Time!
 
I knew this site was going to be fun, but now were talking!
I am a University of New Mexico LOBO fan! I also follow Michigan (no ties).
The end of summer is near...but here comes football!
Utah plays Michigan for both teams opener, how much hope do you give a Mountain West team against a new head coached Big Ten? We will have to watch!
My LOBOS play host to TCU. The University just gave Head coach Rocky Long a big raise. Can we get to the next level? Please dont laugh..haha
Good luck to all and their teams on this site!
Tim

jmac 08-27-2008 06:55 PM

I tell ya what...I am not a big fan of the trojans but one thing I like about USC , is they play the big boys when alot of teams chew on easy wins before pre-conference.
Virginia this week and then Ohio State coming up shortly.

JP...how long do you think before the Hurricanes get back to where they used to be ?

My team, Kentucky, has a big one this weekend with arch rival Louisville.
We lost 4 key guys on offense to the nfl....Woodson-Little-Burton-Tamme.

Still this season...we are hoping to go to our 3rd straight bowl. A win Sunday would be a key to that.
Our QB is inexperienced and our place kicker isnt that good. Hope we can pull out a big one !


The Utah/Michigan game should be interesting. Can you imagine what the fans will say if Rich loses this one ?
Utah has been a fine team but the Wolverine alum seem like they cant lose or that is what Carr probably thought they acted like.

Other games that standout to me:
Clemson / Tide
UT/UCLA

Illini/Missouri

jpcanes 08-27-2008 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by velardechile
I knew this site was going to be fun, but now were talking!
I am a University of New Mexico LOBO fan! I also follow Michigan (no ties).
The end of summer is near...but here comes football!
Utah plays Michigan for both teams opener, how much hope do you give a Mountain West team against a new head coached Big Ten? We will have to watch!
My LOBOS play host to TCU. The University just gave Head coach Rocky Long a big raise. Can we get to the next level? Please dont laugh..haha
Good luck to all and their teams on this site!
Tim

Awesome!
it's not gonna be just me and jmac after all! :clap 2:
After what Appalachian St. did to Michigan last year, I give them a lot of hope. :laughing out loud:
That being said, Rich Rodriguez is a great coach, so I look for Michigan to be playing for a MNC in 2-3 years.

jpcanes 08-27-2008 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmac
I tell ya what...I am not a big fan of the trojans but one thing I like about USC , is they play the big boys when alot of teams chew on easy wins before pre-conference.
Virginia this week and then Ohio State coming up shortly.

JP...how long do you think before the Hurricanes get back to where they used to be ?

My team, Kentucky, has a big one this weekend with arch rival Louisville.
We lost 4 key guys on offense to the nfl....Woodson-Little-Burton-Tamme.

Still this season...we are hoping to go to our 3rd straight bowl. A win Sunday would be a key to that.
Our QB is inexperienced and our place kicker isnt that good. Hope we can pull out a big one !


The Utah/Michigan game should be interesting. Can you imagine what the fans will say if Rich loses this one ?
Utah has been a fine team but the Wolverine alum seem like they cant lose or that is what Carr probably thought they acted like.

Other games that standout to me:
Clemson / Tide
UT/UCLA

Illini/Missouri

Miami is getting back on track, but they still have a ways to go.
I'm hoping for a 7 win season this year and possibly 9 or 10 next year. :praying:

Man, watch out for Illinois!
Juice Williams should be even more dangerous with another year under his belt.
That should be a great game!!!

UK - Louisville should be interesting, also!

jmac 08-27-2008 09:20 PM

JP...did you know UK signed that highly rated QB last week out of Carmel Indiana.
Morgan Newton is his name. His team played on espn saturday. Just thought Carmel might be near you. From the way he looked..he is probably better than what we have now.

jpcanes 08-27-2008 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmac
JP...did you know UK signed that highly rated QB last week out of Carmel Indiana.
Morgan Newton is his name. His team played on espn saturday. Just thought Carmel might be near you. From the way he looked..he is probably better than what we have now.

Carmel is about 2 1/2 hours south of me. Just a little north of Indianapolis.

Which NFL team did Woodson go to? Can't remember.

jmac 08-28-2008 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpcanes
Carmel is about 2 1/2 hours south of me. Just a little north of Indianapolis.

Which NFL team did Woodson go to? Can't remember.


Woodson was picked by Giants who also have David Carr and Anthony Wright on roster behind Eli.
That may not be good news !
Of course, he may be better off on another team anyway.

velardechile 08-28-2008 07:32 PM

Here we go!
College Football Baby!
Crazy question, but does Leah R. like any sports?
I'm going to Taos Saturday to do some flyfishing, and then try to get some games on the radio during the drive home.
I'm more up to date with the teams in the MWC conference,and WAC. Keep me updated with your conferences and I will do my best to post some sort of useful information from the D-1 teams around here.
Good luck to you and your teams!
Tim

jmac 08-28-2008 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by velardechile
Here we go!
College Football Baby!
Crazy question, but does Leah R. like any sports?
I'm going to Taos Saturday to do some flyfishing, and then try to get some games on the radio during the drive home.
I'm more up to date with the teams in the MWC conference,and WAC. Keep me updated with your conferences and I will do my best to post some sort of useful information from the D-1 teams around here.
Good luck to you and your teams!Tim

Same to you bud !
Is your team the one that Hal Mumme coaches ?

Oops..I seen he wasnt in your other post.

jmac 08-28-2008 07:46 PM

Here are a few:

Missouri over Illini........
South carolina over NC STATE
Clemson over Ala
UCLA over Tenn
LSU over AppState
USC over UVA
IU over WKU
Michigan over Utah

and finally ......

UK over Uof L....yes...this is a toss up so I am going with my team though it wouldnt surprise me to see this one go the other way.


I am not that familiar with your team yet tim so you keep us posted and I will be before long. :D

These are only a few of the more notable games to me.

jpcanes 08-28-2008 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by velardechile
Here we go!
College Football Baby!
Crazy question, but does Leah R. like any sports?
I'm going to Taos Saturday to do some flyfishing, and then try to get some games on the radio during the drive home.
I'm more up to date with the teams in the MWC conference,and WAC. Keep me updated with your conferences and I will do my best to post some sort of useful information from the D-1 teams around here.
Good luck to you and your teams!
Tim

Leah is not a sports fan. :(

jmac 08-28-2008 11:21 PM

Well JP, your Canes looked good tonight by the score. I watched the SC vs NCSTATE game.
Spurrier appears to have more work to do.

jpcanes 08-31-2008 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by velardechile
I knew this site was going to be fun, but now were talking!
I am a University of New Mexico LOBO fan! I also follow Michigan (no ties).
The end of summer is near...but here comes football!
Utah plays Michigan for both teams opener, how much hope do you give a Mountain West team against a new head coached Big Ten? We will have to watch!
My LOBOS play host to TCU. The University just gave Head coach Rocky Long a big raise. Can we get to the next level? Please dont laugh..haha
Good luck to all and their teams on this site!
Tim

I give them so much hope that I predict they will win by 2 points.
OK, it's after the fact. :laughing out loud:
Give Rich Rod some time. Michigan will be fine. ;)

jpcanes 08-31-2008 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmac
Here are a few:

Missouri over Illini........
South carolina over NC STATE
Clemson over Ala
UCLA over Tenn
LSU over AppState
USC over UVA
IU over WKU
Michigan over Utah

and finally ......

UK over Uof L

Only a couple of stumbles for you, so far.
I'll try my hand at predicting some games next week.

BTW, I know Illinois lost, but did ya see the stats on Juice Williams??
Guy had a MONSTER game!!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.